Sunday 28 July 2013

INTRODUCTION TO THE SIDDHAS

When clients of Dr. Krishnan told me that his predictions based on the astrological charts came true, I was puzzled why none of his predictions for me materialized. Not that it bothered me, but I was curious to know why a reading by a well-renowned astrologer like Dr. Krishnan did not go well with me.

So one fine day I asked the Dr., not referring to me though if at all there was a possibility that whatever he predicted would not materialize. He answered, “Yes, there is a possibility it won't materialize if you have a curse.”

“And how would we know if someone had cursed us?” I asked. “Could you tell me if I am cursed, from reading my charts?” I continued. 

Dr. Krishnan explained to me that it was not possible to know if a curse had befallen someone from reading the astrological charts and that the only way to find out was through consulting the Nadi.

That was the first time I heard about the Nadi and the Siddhas. That was in 1996. Dr. Krishnan had made it known to me of the existence of the Nadi and that I could learn if someone had cursed me by locating a Nadi reader and have my leaf read. However, back at that time neither did I give much serious thought to the Nadi nor did I know of any Nadi reader in Malaysia. Neither had I any intention to go and seek the Nadi in India. Eventually, I forgot about it.

It amazes me even now to think about how my life took a turnaround after I saw the Nadi eventually in 2002. The Nadi showed me the path I was to take - the path of the Siddhas. I made a pilgrimage to India in 2003, performing atonements or parikaram as per the Nadi. 

Subsequently, I had the blessings of two wonderful Gurus.

My seeking a Guru brought me to Supramania Swami in Tiruvannamalai. The Swami and I started on a venture to build a temple, only to drop it while in the midst of construction, after a Siddha intervenes. 

After two years under the tutelage and guidance of Supramania Swami, I met my present Guru, Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of the Sri Agathiyar Gnana Peedham Thirukovil, Kallar, Kovai, Tamilnadu in Malaysia in 2005. 

I made another pilgrimage to India the same year on the instruction of Agathiyar and at the invitation of Tavayogi. Both pilgrimages were memorable. Then Agathiyar chose to come to my home in the form of a bronze statue in January of 2010. I started performing rituals – Libation or Abhisegam[1] on the instructions of Agathiyar and lighting the sacrificial fire or Homam[2] on the instruction of Tavayogi.

When I read the Nadi for a remedy for my daughter’s medical problems and later for my health problems, Agathiyar gave assurance, guidance, remedies through the Nadi and performed miracles. Miracles are still taking place to this day. 

[1] Abhisheka, also called Abhishekam, is conducted by priests, by pouring libations on the image of the deity being worshipped, amidst the chanting of mantras. Usually, offerings such as milk, yogurt, ghee, honey, Panchaamrutam, sesame oil, rosewater, sandalwood paste may be poured among other offerings depending on the type of abhishekam being performed. This ritual is routinely performed in some Hindu and Jain temples. (Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) 

[2] Homa (also known as homam or havan) is a Sanskrit word that refers to any ritual in which making offerings into a consecrated fire is the primary action. Its practice by "Rishis" in ancient times refers close to the Vedic era. At present, the words homa/homam and havan are interchangeable with the word Yajna. Homas are an important religious practice in Hinduism, where they part of most of the Sanskar ceremonies, Buddhism(particularly the Tibetan and Japanese Vajrayana traditions) and Jainism. (Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)