Tuesday 1 April 2014

MUGAM MARAKKA VENDUM

On March 18, I had the opportunity to have a moment with Thiru Velayudham Karthikeyan on Google+ Hangouts. Among the many wonderful revelations he made to me, he did mention a directive from Agathiyar to his friend., "Mugam Marakka Vendum". This statement made me remember Karthikeyan's earlier post at http://atmaanubhavangal.blogspot.com/2013/09/blog-post_24.html. In it he has elaborated further why one should loose one's identity.

"அது ஒரு மிக உயர்ந்த தத்துவம்", says Karthikeyan further, commending this high philosophy.

Karthikeyan has this advise for us. If we intend to snap photographs of Sadhus, Sanyasi, Munivar, Siddhas, whom we meet, please ask for permission to do so first. Do not assume that it is alright to photograph them. 

For these great beings who are on the path to Godhood, the very first directive is "சுயமுகம் மறக்கவேண்டும்", literally translated 'To forget one's face'. Only then can they progress. They adopt this directive and put it into practice, without revealing to others. 

Given this scenario, we would be intruding into their space and disturbing their meditative state. "Why should we create unnecessary inconvenience for these higher beings who have lost all attachment to material life and are now living in isolation and solitude", asks Karthikeyan. People might not understand how a single photograph could cause chaos. We should not intrude on the privacy of another, especially one who has left all dealings with this world. Be cautious that we do not disturb the tavam or meditation of these higher souls. In the worst scenario, we might not get to see them again or get another moment with them, once they realize that they have been exposed or revealed to the world, reminds Karthikeyan.

On my first visit to Kallar in 2005, Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal asked Mani to take us to meet Swamijis whom Mani knew at Ooty. The first Swamiji belonged to a mission who's head had just passed away. There was a tussle as to whom should run the mission. The second Swamiji was running a temple and had several aids waiting in attendence. The third Swamiji lived alone in the secluded woods with only a volunteer dropping in once in a while to look into his needs.

I took photos at the mission and temple with these Swamijis posing with us. But I was surprised the third Swamiji stopped me when I took out my camera. As Tavayogi spoke to him, he was observing me and the rests. His aid brought some tea, that was a blessing on that cold rainy day. As night fell on that secluded bungalow, we took a sip of that refreshing Nilgiri tea,under the watchful eyes of the Swamiji who was seated at the end of his bed. Tucked away and seemingly cosy and warm under some blankets, the Swamiji suddenly asked me if I wanted to take a photo. I nodded my head. To our surprise he told me to take it. He had given his consent. I was wandering why the change in his heart. The Swamiji then added that the next time I come there, he would be in the skies in the form of a star!

As we bid farewell  to him, and drove down to Kallar ashram, Tavayogi explained to me the various stages of spiritual development among saints and gurus and pointed out the differences among the Swamijis we just met. Tavayogi asked if I had noticed him touch the feet of the third and last Swamiji in respect before leaving, which I did.  Tavayogi told me that that Swamiji was a highly evolved soul. 

When I was at Agasthiyampalli, Tavayogi asks that I sit with Agathiyar in the sanctum santorum, while he snapped a photo. Tavayogi asked that I take a photo of him at Punakeeswarar's samadhi in Chennimalai.

When I was about to leave the home of Supramania Swami in Nachaananthal, a small village 8 kilometers from Tiruvannamalai, I wanted a photo of Swami. I asked Deva if it was possible and Swami eagerly and willingly posed for me. Later Supramania Swami sent me a couple of his photos by post. 

When I started my first web page in the nineties, I posted digitized artwork, paintings and drawings of mine initially, for safe keeping, since the originals were collecting dusts and deteriorating. I had posted some articles about the Hindu religion and its culture. Later after making my maiden pilgrimage to India in 2003 I shared my experiences and photos. I shared whatever little I knew from Supramania Swami. I posted news about Tavayogi's arrival in Malaysia in 2005 and my second trip to India and Kallar ashram. 

Somewhere along the way I was told by Agathiyar in my Nadi reading that Tavayogi was undertaking kadum tavam or rigorous austerity. That was the time I understood many people made their way to Kallar after viewing these videos and web pages. I was toying over the idea, thinking if I should remove them so that Tavayogi could continue his austerities in peace without hindrance and without having to meet these keen and curious seekers. 

At about the same time, Harsha Vardhan wanted a photograph of Supramania Swami. I attached the photo on his wall on Fb. One of his friends wrote a comment that insulted Supramania Swami. I did not want to put my guru in bad light and open for debate. 

I had two reasons now to remove whatever I had posted over the years. I deleted my fb account, my indianheartbeat web page at fws1.com (that was started almost 13 years ago), web page at webs.com, my Scribd account, Flickr and YouTube accounts. It was all gone in a jiffy. I understood all has to end one day, even the good. I created, sustained and finally destroyed it all.

I called up Tavayogi to inform him what I had done, mentioning that I wanted to allow space for him to meditate in peace without any hindrance from the public. But Tavayogi surprised me when he said, "Why son did you remove them? All your hard work (in posting all the materials on Agathiyar and the Peedham) had brought the Siddhas to the attention of scores of people. Let it be".

Tavayogi appreciated all the effort in bringing the Siddhas to a wider audience as seen in a couple of his e-mails to me.


Than gam

To shanmugam.Me
Sep 24, 2011
My dear son how r u? we hope that all of you are well. There is always sage agasthiars blessings for you all. Its happy to note that you were added sum of photos to flickr from indian heart beat, well. spread the power of agasthiar all over the world, thank you.

Than gam
To Me

Jul 22, 2011
Hello my son how r u?
i have noticed all the videos and other web pages that you have uploaded in the web.
its all awesome and you have done fantastic spiritual work, i am very happy.


Some time later in my Nadi reading, Agathiyar praises the various efforts taken to promote the Siddhas. Agathiyar mentions Annette Merle Cleveland too in the Nadi. Annette, an Australian, spent much of her time in India promoting the Nadi and spreading the messages of the Siddhas through the web, http://www.divinadi.com/nadi-astrology-the-secrets-of-life-revealed/. Later Annette set up her own agency to help seekers  find their Nadi leaves. She had authored numerous books as seen at http://www.amazon.com/Annette-Merle-Cleveland/e/B00ISE0672.


“In India I have been researching Ayurveda and Nadi Shastra, which are amazing spiritual sciences. The Nadi shows we came from God and we are returning to God. Thanks to my yearning and the Nadi, I will be instrumental in establishing some humanitarian projects here in India in the future. Service is my true passion.”

Annette was also interviewed by Discovery Channel. To view the full episode of Discovery Channel's coverage of the Nadi, and other means of predictions, please go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQnCaU_vPwg.

She has since then returned to her homeland Australia. We do communicate through e-mail.

And so I started back, working on these sites, beginning from zero. I dropped a few sites, created new ones, including Siddha Heartbeat, all with the blessings of my Guru and Agathiyar.