Monday 24 March 2014

SUPRAMANIA SWAMI OF TIRUVANNAMALAI

Gnana Jyothi Amma commented
"Seems to me like a Dream of the Distant past...At Subramani Swamy's home, HIS Kudil, meeting HIS family ...and the Massive Annadhanam ..that was done...We had Collectively DONE THE JOB AND FULFILLED YOUR GURUJI'S WISH..
AN Extraordinary Event....Shiva Shiva.."
Supramania Swami had requested that a massive annadhanam or feeding be done upon he completing his sixty day tavam. But just days after starting his tavam, Supramania Swami went into samadhi. Just days before his samadhi, Swami told me he had seen the Jyothi. He also told me one would have to leave behind all his tavam or benefits gained from performing austerities and ascetic practices before he left this mortal frame. He was so compassionate as to pass me his forty years of austerities. He did not take the punyam or its benefits with him just as he had told me. That is the greatness of my Guru, Supramania Swami.

Many a moment I used to wonder what did I do to deserve this extreme kindness and compassion on his part.

I met Supramania Swami on the pretext of wanting to know about my second daughter's astrological chart and her future. Instead he told me about my future. His nephew Deva happened to be the appointed driver during my maiden pilgrimage to India. Deva told me on the onset upon receiving me at the airport at Meenambakkam that he had replaced one Raji, who was to chauffeur me around. Raji had fallen ill all off a sudden.

When I had covered all the temples that I had to perform parikaaram or atonement by way of conducting prayers at certain selected temples and doing charity to others, I found that I had much time on my hands and to myself. That is when I invited Deva to take me to an astrologer. Just as I left Malaysia for India, my wife asked me, if it was possible to have my daughter's astrological chart written in India. Deva surprised me saying that his uncle was an astrologer and he was living only eight kilometers away from my hotel in Tiruvannamalai.

That is how I came to Swami. As I sat in front of him he was talking about me, without looking into my charts, my hand nor any other means.

After spending just a mere five splendid and beautiful hours with him, Supramania Swami a devout Shiva Bakta,  passed me a mantra as an initiation. Staying true to his teachings, I would like to pass it on to those who are in need of one. Take it up and chant this lovely mantra. It goes HARA HARA SIVA SIVA SIVA SIVAYA NAMASIVAYA SIVAYA NAMA AUM. There were no secret teachings as far as he was concern. Swami lead the life of a householder. Most of the time he was on his own and alone (except for the company of God and his Gurus).

When he put forth his life long wish to build a temple I immediately offered to help him in his venture, since I too was directed to help build temples by Agathiyar in my very first Nadi reading in 2002.

And so we started towards fulfilling Swami's wish. We purchased a piece of land with donations from family and friends back here in Malaysia. Work below ground level started. I suggested Swami build a kudil or structure to house him at the temple grounds rather then travel daily from his village home. A kudil was put up.

Then the Gods decide to stop him. A stranger turns up at the crossroads to his kudil and questions him why he was taking a step back, to the Bakti Margam. Swami called to tell me the venture was off.

He went into samadhi at his kudil at the very moment he had predetermined and written in his diary, that was found by his son, Ramajayam after he left his mortal frame.

When news of his samadhi reached me I called up Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal, asking for his advise, my next course of action. Tavayogi replied nothing be done, and ask that I just pray that his soul shall be placed in an exulted position.

Supramania Swami went into samadhi on 7.2.2007. Over the weekend Nadi Guru Ramesh called me in for a reading. Agathiyar speaks about Supramania Swami going into samadhi and asked that I fulfill my responsibility towards him. I never had the opportunity to go to Tiruvannamalai after his samadhi, but I had friends who carried out these obligations on my behalf to our utmost satisfaction and Swami's too, I believe.

Thank you Thayalan Arumugam of Malaysia, Harsha Vardhan of Bangalore, Surendaran Selvaratnam of Malaysia, Swami's family members including Deva, Dr Ram Subramaniam of Tirunelvi, and Jnana Jyothi Amma for helping me fulfill Agathiyar's directives and Swami's wish.