Thursday 24 April 2014

A MOMENT WITH MATAJI

I met Mataji the very first time when Tavayogi asked her to come by to his ashram on the eve of my departure back to Malaysia in 2005. She was known then as Sarojini before she took up monkhood or turavaram.

I had spent some time with Supramania Swami at Thiruvannamalai, made a pilgrimage of a different sort to caves and samadhis led by Tavayogi, and was set to leave Kallar for another stop at Supramania Swami's kudil at Thiruvannamalai before taking the flight back from Chennai.

After Mataji arrived and we were formally introduced, Tavayogi and Mataji recalled and shared the wonderful moments that they had had while participating, hosting and chairing Pattimandrams all around India.

Then Tavayogi had Mataji bring out some of the Nadis in their possession and read out to me. When Tavayogi realized Mataji was carried away to revealed more than required Tavayogi hushed her up, saying that was enough. But we stole some moments together in the adjacent cabin, where I asked her to reveal more about Tavayogi, which she complied until, Tavayogi called her out!

On the day of my departure, she woke up early and was already groping in the dark preparing hot water for my brother and me to bath, and also preparing that morning's breakfast. I am grateful to her to this day for caring for us as a mother does.

Then Tavayogi asked her to prepare certain items, for Teecha, and she returned in a jiffy with them. No questions asked. I was blessed to receive another Teecha from Tavayogi that morning. If the first Teecha was one given to initiate me into the path, this was to bring further enhancement in oneself. The first Teecha he had announced, moments after I met him in Malaysia, he would give  later in the evening and asked Perumal to make the necessary arrangements. Perumal informed him that he would include me among several others scheduled to receive the Teecha. That evening Tavayogi decided to give Teecha to my wife too.

Just before he left for India, Agathiyar through the Nadi reading instructed me to get Teecha again from him, that puzzled both Tavayogi and me. This time it was given in the confines of a room just the two of us.

Subsequently Mataji became a monk and moved into Kallar Ashram to serve Agathiyar, the Siddhas and Tavayogi. Agathiyar had promised Mataji that she will be placed in a place of exaltation merely by serving and looking after the needs of Tavayogi and the ashram respectively, which she has sincerely carried out to this day with total dedication. I am indebted to her and grateful to her.

Later when Tavayogi came over to Malaysia, he brought Mataji along. She used to arrange, coordinate and manage all the programs efficiently. Then she traveled to Malaysia alone, with the blessings of Tavayogi, to continue her Guru's mission.

I used to mention to Tavayogi that  he can safely leave behind all his responsibilities to Mataji and rests assured that she will continue his work and manage his ashram well.

Mataji, a dynamic lady, knowledgeable, humble to the core, has now emerged to the status of a Guru herself. I am proud to have known her and be associated with a wonderful soul.