Sunday 18 May 2014

WHAT CAN I DO FOR MY GURU?

We have always waited for the day when we could repay our parents for all the trouble they took in raising us up, right? We waited to complete our education, to land a job, to receive our first ever payment and to hand it over to our parents.

Our parents are always concerned about us. Even today my mother's prayer would be for the Lord to take care of all her children and grandchildren. She never asked anything for herself. 

Next came my wife. She took very good care of me and the children without even failing a day in carrying out her numerous humongous chores. Besides taking care of us, she also takes care of the needs of Agathiyar too who is in our home in the form of a bronze statue. She too never asked for anything in return.

Next along the way I met my Guru. I had always wanted to repay my Guru for all his kindness and guidance. When Supramania Swami mooted the idea of building a temple, I took up the offer seeing it as a way to repay him. 

Next when I met Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigalaar and Mataji Sarojini Ammaiyaar, I had asked them on numerous occasions what they wanted. They did not want anything neither. When I was with my family in his Kallar Ashram last October, he invited us to sing the hymns in praise of the Siddhas, which we took upon ourselves as a privilege and honor. At the end of the prayers, Tavayogi blessed us with a statement, that he had a worry all these years and that now it has gone knowing that the seed he had planted in Malaysia has grown and bloomed!

What can I do for my Guru? This was my prayer to Agathiyar too, how am I going to repay him and in what form?

Just moments ago I saw a video where a student asked her Guru, "What is the best thing you could do for your Guru?" and her guru replies, so beautifully, giving an example, of a gardener and his garden, "What would the gardener want except for the garden to bloom?"


The gardener has toiled the land and planted the seeds, watering it daily till the day comes where he stands back and looks at his garden which is in full bloom with joy and excitement. I realized today that that is exactly what the Guru wants of his students too. I realized too that that was what Tavayogi had stated that day in Kallar.

Agathiyar in the numerous Nadi readings has always been acknowledging all the prayers, libation or abhisegam and homam or fire rituals that we had been performing without fail. He is happy watching us do it with deep faith, belief and devotion. He sits majestically high upon his Lotus Simmasanam or throne and watches over us performing the rituals.


We can only thank him for now for all the blessings that had come our way. AUM AGATHEESAYA NAMA.