Friday 2 January 2015

Sirikindran Kuzhanthai Pol Arul





I arrived in Thiruvannamalai for the very first time in 2003. During the Girivalam or circumambulation I spotted a billboard showing the way to Yogi Ramsuratkumar's ashram. As I took the path it kept going. Those who I asked for directions asked me to continue in that direction. After some time, I thought that I was moving away from the Girivalam path and decided that I shall visit the Yogi the next day after daybreak. 

The next day I was driven to his ashram only to find it closed for the midday. That evening I was blessed to meet my very first guru Supramania Swami in a village some eight kilometers away from Thiruvannamalai. My driver, Deventhiran led me to him for an astrology reading for my daughter. But the Swami spoke about me instead without looking into my charts, palm or any other means.

We wrote to each other after I returned to Malaysia. Later we spoke on the phone. In 2005 I visited him again. After ushering me into the kudil, just walking distance from the Yogi's ashram, and all the formalities were over, his wife and son returned to their village. He invited me for prayer. As he rolled his rudraksha malai or rosary bead  he started chanting, YOGI RAMSURATKUMARA, YOGI RAMSURATKUMARA, YOGI RAMSURATKUMARA, JAYA GURU RAAYA. As it was a simple chant I joined in. After only some minutes into the chant, I heard an additional voice. It was that of a male. I did not open my eyes but sat listening to the mysterious voice accompany our chant. I thought to myself of asking Swami whether he heard the voice too, the first thing when the chant ends. Swami stopped chanting after some time. When I opened my eyes, he was already leaving his prayer room for the living room. I followed him. I had entirely forgotten about the voice!

After a brief stay at Kallar ashram I returned to Supramania Swami to bid him farewell before leaving for Malaysia. Upon arrival, the very first thing Swami asked me was if I had heard the voice! "Yes!" I cried out. "Who was it?" I asked. He gave a loud laugh and told me "Vissiri Mattai". His guru Yogi Ramsuratkumar had accompanied us that day! What was even more amazing was that the Yogi had gone into samadhi some years back on February 20, 2001!