Monday 9 February 2015

TWELVE BEAUTIFUL YEARS PART 1

Poster courtesy of Bala Chandran Gunasekaran 
Much has happened since I wrote FIRE OF DEVOTION - A STUDY ON THE WORKINGS OF THE SIDDHAS.

I was introduced to the Siddhas through the Nadi reading traced through my right thumbprint. Never did I expect that the Siddhas would bless me with numerous Aasi readings later. My Nadi reading stands at 50 to date, read on 21 September 2014. My children had a reading each too, located through an imprint of their left thumb. But Agathiyar made an exception in my wife's case, where my wife was 'gifted' a reading too, without the necessity to provide the thumbprint.

I am glad I heeded Agathiyar’s words asking me to come to his path. Along the way Agathiyar introduced me to my very first guru, Supramania Swami of Thiruvannamalai. Later I was introduced to Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar Ashram. Tavayogi reminded me it was not enough that I came to the path but also bring my family along. Tavayogi initiated my wife the same day he met her.

As I searched for material on the Siddhas, I realized there was not much information. I began to compile hymns of praise to the Siddhas and I uploaded it to Scribd. I have in my hands additional hymns on Agathiyar and the Siddhas having come across these in various mediums. I shall need to update my book AGATHIYAR PUSAI - THE COMPLETE BOOK OF PRAISE TO AGATHIYAR soon. 

I am focused only on my blog Siddha Heartbeat and YouTube and have actually neglected updating the rests of the webpages and sites. Many kind souls have written in appreciating the blog postings.

My family and I, with some great friends, have been conducting puja or prayers at Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia. I am blessed to have a family that shares the same faith and belief. Agathiyar has also introduced me to many of his disciples.

With Agathiyar's arrival in the form of a bronze statue, we started performing Homam or lighting the sacrificial fire, and conducting abhisegam or libation too. Lately I have started streaming live the Siddha Puja conducted, mooted by Stalin. This live telecast has been appreciated by many too.

It has been a beautiful journey one lazed with mystery, mysticism, astonishment and amazement. Agathiyar has shown many miracles directly and also indirectly through others.

What surprised us most was Agathiyar's change of heart. Agathiyar who ask to come over to my home in the form of a statue, on transit to the Sri Jegathguru Raghavendra Mritiga Brindavanam in Ipoh, changed his mind and decided to stay at Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia.

Agathiyar has come to stay put in our lives. We are blessed.