Sunday 19 April 2015

NADI READING NO 23

Painting by Saravanan Palanisamy for Siththan Arul
This day on 27 December 2007 was Agathiyar's Jayanthi and Guru Puja. Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal celebrates this 2 day festival at his ashram at Kallar annually. He performs the Yagam at 2 in the afternoon. I too perform a homam, a smaller version of the Yagam, at Agathiyar Vanam in Malaysia at the exact time to coincide with the Yagam at Kallar. That would mean I start the Homam at 4.30 pm Malaysian Standard time taking into consideration the time difference of 2 1/2 hours between India and Malaysia. But for some reason I sent out e-mails and invitations to family and friends informing them that the puja will start at 5 pm. I did not realize this mistake until a few days before the event. I decided to go ahead as informed since it would be a huge task informing the devotees of the change in time to 4.30 pm. To my surprise, just before noon I received a call from Nadi Nool Aasan Ramesh to come over for a reading. Agathiyar reveals the exact time of prayer to commemorate his Jayanthi and Guru Puja. It was to be held at 5 pm! I was astonished and amazed.

I called Tavayogi after the puja to enquire how it went on. Tavayogi briefed me and added that the Yagam was delayed. It started at 2.30 pm. That meant it coincided with Agathiyar's timing too! I was astonished and amazed again.

Agathiyar also said that the financial aid sent to Kallar ashram is put to good use.