Thursday 23 April 2015

NADI READING NO 34 & 35

In this reading on 26 December 2009, Agathiyar speaks about the upcoming Jayanthi and Guru Puja as his bronze statue created by Varadaraj of the Bronze Creative in Swamimalai, was ready to be shipped to Malaysia.

Varadaraj has recently made 8 statues of Agathiyar for Malaysians. He has also made one for Srimathi Vijayalakshmi Ravichandran too. All these statues are similar to the one at Agathiyar Vanam. The statue at Agathiyar Vanam is a replica of Agathiyar at Agasthiyampalli in Vedaranyam.

Agathiyar at Agasthiyampalli
9 inches tall statue of Agathiyar created by Varadaraj for Vijayalakshmi Amma. Photo courtesy of Vijayalakshmi Amma
Agathiyar, Varadaraj's creation. Photo courtesy of the Bronze Creative
Agathiyar, 21 inches in height, Varadaraj's creation. Photo courtesy of the Bronze Creative
While posting this audio today, it brought back sweet memories of the moments leading to Agathiyar's arrival at my home. When Agathiyar dictated to me to have a bronze idol of his image at Agasthiyampalli made, I sent out emails to manufacturers of statues in an around Swamimalai and Kumbakonam. Only two got back. One person e-mailed me to say that he was in Singapore at that time and asked me what I wanted, although I had stated very clearly in my mail all the details. Varadaraj took the option to call me from Swamimalai. He agreed to do it for me without further questions!

I would like to share my correspondence with Varadaraj of the Bronze Creative who created the dashing and beautiful statue of Agathiyar at Agathiyar Vanam, from day one, and the series of events that took place before Agathiyar reached our shores. 

My open mail to prospective manufacturers in India, among them was the Bronze Creative,
To: thebronzecreative@yahoo.com Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 11:50 AM
Subject: The Bronze Creative Business Enquiry Through IndiaMART.com
From-: Mr. Avadaiyappa Shanmugam Malaysia.
Description: I need a statue of Sage Agathiyar to be placed in a Peedham/Kudil in Malaysia. The statue has to be a replica of the sage in Vedharanyam, Agastiyampalli. The statue has to be not more than 1 foot. It has to be made in Swamimalai during the end of the Tamil month of Thai and the beginning of Maasi. Prayers to be conducted in Kumbakonam, Athi Kumbeshwarar temple and only than shipped to Malaysia. Do you think you can take this order? How much is it to make, perform prayers and shipped to Malaysia? The above instructions is from Agathiyar's Jeeva Naadi.
After Varadaraj responded to my mail immediately and called me by phone agreeing to take up the task, he writes to me about having to visit Vedaranyam to see for himself how Agathiyar looked.
From: ssrashtaa varadaraj <thebronzecreative@yahoo.com>
To: Mr. Avadaiyappa Shanmugam
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:54:30 AM
Subject: Re: The Bronze Creative Business Enquiry Through IndiaMART.com
Dear Sir, I hope this finds you in good health. I am coming there in Feb. I will see the agasthiyar statue in vedaranyam after i 'll come. Kind regards, ssrashtaa varadaraj.
My mail,
From: Shanmugam Avadaiyappa
To: thebronzecreative@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 3:07:15 PM
Subject: Statue of Sage Agathiyar

Dear Mr Varadarajan, Please receive the following attachments and get back to me as soon as possible. Thank You. Avadaiyappa Shanmugam
My mail,
From: Shanmugam Avadaiyappa 
To: thebronzecreative@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:08:51 PM
Subject: Re: Statue of Sage Agathiyar
Dear Mr Varadaraj, I shall send some numbers of contacts in Vedharanyam tomorrow. This people run an asramam for Agathiyar in front of Agastiyampalli temple. They are disciples of Rengaraja Desigar of Ongkara Kudil in Thuraiyore. They shall assists you in all ways. They have photographed Agathiyar's statue too. Let me know when you are going to Vedharanyam. 
My mail,
Monday, January 19, 2009 7:07 AM

Dear Mr Varatharajan, Thank you for responding to my e-mail. I see you not as a businessman but a person specifically choosen by Sage Agathiyar to lend a hand on this mission of ours. Agathiyar had asked that a place be allocated for him in a Peedham that is to be constructed for Saint Sri Raghavendra in Ipoh, Malaysia. Agathiyar has instructed how to go about making his image. Please see the attachment ‘agathiyar jeeva naadi.pdf’ and ‘Agathiyar.pdf’. Agathiyar mentions the auspicious period has ‘Thaiyinpin maasi kaalam’. I believe we hindus choose the ‘vallarpirai’ for beginning a new task. Amavasai is on 26th Januari 2009 (Thai 13). The new moon begins the next day till the full moon on 9th February 2009 (Thai 27) after which is ‘Theipirai’. The next valarpirai would be on 26th February 2009 (Maasi 14) till the full moon on 11th March 2009 (Maasi 27). I understood earlier that we wait for the month of Thai to end (12th Februari 2009) before beginning work in Maasi (13th Februari 2009) which means we start work on the statue during theipirai. I believe you want to start the work during vallarpirai too. We shall start work on the statue on after Amavasai (26th Januari 2009), or any other auspicious moment during this period that you recommend. Please advise.
My mail,
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:17 AM

Dear Mr Varadaraj, Pls see attachments for more photos of agastiyampalli temple. Contact the following persons for direction to Agastiyampalli and for assistance : Mr Sudarsan - 9790487269, Mr Na.Rajendran (N.R) - 9976480562, Mr Sa. Maniam - 04369340127. Tell them Thayalan Arumugam who visited them recently from Malaysia sent you. Thayalan will call them to inform your arrival too. Agastiyampalli is 3 kms on the route from Vedharanyam towards Kodikarai (8km).
Varadaraj started on the wax model of Agathiyar after his brother returned from Vedharanyam with snapshots of Agathiyar. Along the way as the plans for the construction of Jegathguru Sri Raghavendra Mrithiga Brindavanam was postponed several times and with consultation of Ramesh, I asked Varadaraj to hold on. Later as the Brindavanam was delayed further, I thought I should go ahead and fulfill my part of the deal in getting Agathiyar's statue done. I passed the word to Varadaraj to continue. Throughout this time Varadaraj briefed me on the progress. After the idol was cast and the work completed, he had brought the statue to the Adhi Kumbeshwarar temple in Kumbakonam for a ritual as instructed by Agathiyar in the Nadi, before delivery to me. He mailed me to inform that Agathiyar will be shipped shortly,
Tuesday, December 8, 2009 10:19 PM

Dear Sir, I have attached the photo to you. It is in the packing now. tmrw it will be go to chennai. Kind regards, ssrashtaa varadaraj.
First sight of Agathiyar commissioned for Agathiyar Vanam. Photo courtesy of the Bronze Creative.
My invitation to devotees and friends to participate in the annual Agathiyar Jayanthi and Guru Puja,
Sent: Wed, December 9, 2009 9:51:44 AM
Subject: Invitation To Agathiyar Jayanthi
Greetings, As you well know Agathiyar's Jayanthi falls on Ahilya Natchathiram in the month of Margazhi. This year it coincides with 3rd January 2010. Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal will be conducting the homam at 2pm on the 3rd at his ashram in Kallaru. Similarly I shall hold prayers too on that day at my home. This year would be extra special. The statue of Agathiyar that was commissioned with Varadaraj of The Bronze Creative in Swamimalai, India has been completed. See attachment of a photo of the Agathiyar's statue. Agathiyar's statue will be shipped to Malaysia in the next few days. On the 3rd, an abhisegam for Agathiyar's statue will be done between 10am and 12pm, with chanting of Agathiyar's nanam 100,000 times. Please participate in chanting Agathiyar's name and get his blessing. After lunch and tea, we shall continue with the homam at 4.30pm to coincide with the homam at Kallaru at 2pm IST. I await your participation eagerly. Please confirm if you are available. Shanmugam Avadaiyappa.
 My mail on receiving a photo of Agathiyar, where I catch first sight of him,
Saturday, December 12, 2009 9:39 PM

Thank you very much. It was a marvelous job you have done with Agathiyar. Please ensure I receive Agathiyar Statue before the 3rd January 2010. Shanmugam Avadaiyappa.
Agathiyar's statue was transported to the shipping agent in Chennai on  9 December 2009. Unfortunately the shipping agent and Varadaraj faced a hitch while the relevant papers were submitted with the authorities to enable Agathiyar's statue to be shipped to Malaysia. As it was the year end and holiday season officials were not available to certify and endorse the papers. Varadaraj was in constant contact with me throughout these gruelling period. I was not certain and neither could Varadaraj promise me that Agathiyar would arrive in Malaysia before his Jayanthi.

On 26 December 2009, a couple of days before his arrival on our shores and before the Jayanthi celebrations, Ramesh calls me for a reading. Agathiyar assures me he would meet his devotees in Malaysia on the day of his Jayanthi. That brought relief to me as I had sent out invitations informing devotees that the Jayanthi was special in the sense that Agathiyar will arrive in the form of a statue. It would be very embarrassing if Agathiyar was not delivered right on time for the Jayanthi, right?



On Friday 1 January 2010, while on the phone with Varadaraj, he assured me that the shipping agent and he were trying their level best to bring over Agathiyar. Later that evening at 7.30 pm, Varadaraj surrendered informing me that I could only take possession of Agathiyar on the following Monday. My heart sank to the lowest bottom of the pit. We prayed hard for a miracle to happen. After 2 hours at exactly 9.30 pm, Varadaraj calls me back to inform me that Agathiyar had boarded the plane and was on the way to Agathiyar Vanam in Malaysia. We were in joy! He adds that they opted to fly Agathiyar to Malaysia instead of shipping him as originally planned and quoted. Agathiyar's Statue was originally to be delivered to my doorstep by courier, but now I had to drive to the airport and take delivery of him from MAS Cargo. Varadaraj said he would send me a copy of the Delivery Order to enable me to get possession of Agathiyar's statue. Varadaraj graciously absorbed all the cost arising from the change in plan.

I was constantly checking my mail for the Delivery Order but sadly it never came. I called Varadaraj. He told me the network was down in most parts of the city. Again my heart sank. I could only be sure when I take possession of Agathiyar, I thought to myself. On Saturday, 2 January 2010, the eve of the Vizha, as I was waiting for news and the Delivery Order from Varadaraj, surprisingly Ramesh calls me for a reading. I rush to see him at 12 noon. Agathiyar most graciously tells me again he is on the way and shall grace my home and bless the devotees.



Just as Agathiyar promised, I came back home to be greeted with an e-mail from the shipping agent and a copy of the delivery order which allows me to gain possession of the statue.
From: Muthu c.s.
To: shanmugam avadaiyappa
Cc: krishnan@gaerishlogistics.com; thebronzecreative@yahoo.com
Sent: Sat, January 2, 2010 12:33:09 PM
Subject: Fw: air way bill - kul
dear sir, i'm forwarding the air waybill copy for your reference. WISH YOU HAPPY NEW YEAR. thanks n regards, muthu,
My family and I rushed to the airport only to be told by freight agents who frequently handle the shipments that it would easily take 2 1/2 days to clear my "goods". My heart sank again. But by Agathiyar's grace it only took me 2 1/2 hours to clear all the papers with the airport authorities and the customs. As we drove home with Agathiyar it felt like having fetched a relative who has returned from abroad. That was the happiest day in our lives.

My thank you note after having taken Agathiyar into my possession,
Saturday, January 2, 2010 10:18 PM

Thank you very much. I have already collected the statue. Thank you for your effort in ensuring I receive the statue on time. Shanmugam Avadaiyappa, Malaysia. 
Another thank you note after the Guru Puja was over,
Wednesday, January 6, 2010 6:14 PM

Your efforts made it possible for us to celebrate Agathiyar's Jayanthi. Thank you very much Mr Vradaraj, Mr Krishnan and all others who contributed. See attached photos of the celebrations.
Agathiyar Jayanthi & Guru Puja on 3 January 2010 at Agathiyar Vanam
I are glad that worship of Agathiyar and the Siddhas is on the rise. I am glad that more people are seeking the Nadi written by the Siddhas for various solutions. I am glad that more devotees are engaged in performing homams and yagams.