Tuesday 14 April 2015

NADI READING NO 4 & 5

Nadi Nool Aasan Ramesh called me over on 19.8.2005 for a reading. Agathiyar surprised me with a much awaited explanation, when he explained what took place at Palani Temple during my maiden pilgrimage in 2003. After alighting from the car I had worshipped at Thiruavinankudi at the base of the hill before picking up prayer items at one of the numerous stalls at the foothill of Palani Temple and beginning my climb. As I took the first step, I could not move my lower limbs. They felt extremely heavy. I had to force myself and use all my energy to move them. I was sweating profusely. My throat was parched and dry. I was breathing heavily. I forced myself to climb the hill. When I reached the top of the hill I looked around for a spot to lie down. I saw a row of shops and walked towards it. I dropped my frame on the ground, leaning to the wall of one of the stalls. All around me I saw white light with silhouettes of people moving around and speaking loudly. I lay there for some time before it began to clear. 

After a while I stood up and made my way to Lord Murugan's sannadhi. I stood in line with the other devotees to have a darshan of the Lord. A priest among many approached me and asked if I was doing offerings or archanai. I nodded. He took possession of the stuffs I had purchase earlier. I stood before the Lord's sacred space or sannadhi. I saw nothing. After a few minutes the priest returned with my offerings and handed them to me. He had packed together some sandal paste that had adorned the Lord earlier. I did not know the significance of this sandal paste until I read an episode from the Jeeva Nadi Guru of Chennai's revelation of Agathiyar's Nadi in 2014, where a similar paste given to a man who had consumed poison saved him from death.

Until today I cannot recall having seen Lord Murugan at Palani, even after having gone to Palani again accompanied by Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal later in 2005. As I left the sannadhi and moved on onto a corridor, I turned a corner and came across an open door. There was a priest standing near the door and another at a desk or kalla petti and yet another young man standing with folded arms in the middle of the small room. I ask the priest closest to me if it was Bhogar's samadhi, he nodded his head and immediately lighted up the camphor and showed the flame or arathi to an altar. As I moved across the room to the exit door across the room, I realized that I was all alone with the priests and there were no other devotees around. I decided to sit for a while. As I walked passed the young priest with folded hands, he reached out for a tumbler placed on a cabinet and handed it to me. He told me it was libation milk or abhisega paal. I drank it and handed over the vessel to him. I took my place on the floor near the exit door. After a few moments as I opened my eyes again, the priest who was now standing in front of me, handed me some sacred ash or vibhuti prasad and flowers. I picked myself up and left the room thanking him with a nod of my head. 

As I walked out of the room onto another corridor and into the open I was in a state of bliss, practically 'floating in the air'. I was walking effortlessly, as if riding on a float, magic carpet or chariot. It was so blissful. I came round and round the temple not wanting to end that blissful walk. Eventually I decided to return to the car and started my descent down the hill temple. I was figuring out what had taken place at Palani that day for the next 2 years. Agathiyar decided to explain in the Aasi Nadi after 2 years. Ramesh did not record the reading but read out from a pre written transcribe on paper. I was taken aback when Agathiyar told me it was he who asked Lord Murugan to pass the milk. Since this incidence I call Palani the Twilight Zone.

On 20 December 2005, I had another reading just after I returned from my second pilgrimage to India. Agathiyar mentions why I left for India immediately after Tavayogi returned home. Tavayogi took me along to Siddha spots, samadhis and caves, introducing me to them. Agathiyar mentions that he is gratified with the prayers held at home for the Siddhas. Agathiyar confirms how he appeared at Papanasam, Courtallam and Agathiyampalli. Just as he performed miracles in India, Agathiyar promised to perform the same in Malaysia.



Agathiyar at Agathiyampalli
At Courtallam caves

At Courtallam caves

At Tanjavur

At Kalyana Theertam

Agathiyar at Kalyana Theertam. Photo from the net.