Sunday 28 June 2015

LORD MURUGA, LOBHA MA, KAVERI, AGATHIYAR & SWAMIMALAI PART 1

On 8 January 2009 Agathiyar gave me specific instructions on how his statue was to be made at Swamimalai and brought over to Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia (AVM) to be worshiped. I had always had the thought, why Swamimalai and not somewhere else. 

Then Rightmantra Sundar in his blog explains why Swamimalai comes to mind when one needs a bronze statue, which I had posted on 27 September 2014. Sundar says that at Swamimalai these bronze statues are made using age old traditional methods and according to the agamas, hence Swamimalai is preferred for making temple Urchava Murthis. Statues made at Swamimalai are renowned worldwide. The lost wax method of casting these statues are a specialty here. Clay or mud from the riverbanks of Kaveri used by bronze statue creators at Swamimalai is most suitable for making the molds as it captures even the most minute details, revealing even thumb prints! Today I came across a couple of well researched video explaining the same.



The post by Rightmantra Sundar revealed to me then the reason why Agathiyar wanted him to be made at Swamimalai too. Agathiyar in my Nadi reading, gave specific instructions to have his statue made and worshiped. Among the many conditions he laid was that he was to be made in the form he presided at Agasthiyampalli (Thirumaraikaadu), Vedaranyam; he was not to exceed 1 foot in height; he was to be made at Swamimalai; libation or abhisegam and prayers done on him at the Adhi Kumbeshwarar temple at Kumbakonam and only then shipped to Malaysia. 

As Agathiyar was to be in the form at Vedaranyam, I could not buy his statue off the shelf. I had to commission it. After failing to locate people who could assist me, I searched the net and e-mailed 13 manufacturers in and around Swamimalai and Kumbakonam. Through Agathiyar's grace, Varadaraj of the Bronze Creative at Swamimalai offered to have Agathiyar done as specified. Agathiyar had mentioned in the Nadi reading of 2009, that he was coming on transit to my home while awaiting the Sri Jegathguru Raghavendra Mritiga Brindavanam to be built in Ipoh. 

On completion of the Brindavanam and awaiting its consecration on 12.6.2013, I was unsure whether Agathiyar still wanted to move to the Brindavanam as stated earlier, as he had not delivered another reading to authorize my next move. I took it upon myself to inform the Brindavanam that as Agathiyar had not spoken I was not sending him over. Almost immediately a devotee volunteered to place Agathiyar at the Brindavanam. I feared that I might have erred in making the decision of keeping Agathiyar to myself. In a Nadi reading on 21.9.2014, after more than a year, Agathiyar to my relief, tells me that he had shelved his plan to go to the Brindavanam and instead decided to remain at Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia!

Recently to my surprise Agathiyar explains why he wanted his image made in Swamimalai through Jnana Jyothiamma's Jeeva Nadi reading. Agathiyar reveals that it was the wish of Lord Muruga, Lobha Ma and Agathiyar himself that he should be made at Swamimalai. He enlightens us on the significance of Swamimalai and the Kaveri River and the reason for Agathiyar to be made in in Swamimalai. Agathiyar explains that it is Lobha Ma's wish that his statues made on the banks of Kaveri (Swamimalai in Tanjai) and blessed by Swamimalai Muruga, should reach places all over the world. Although Agathiyar's image has been depicted in many forms over time, the image of Agathiyar from Swamimalai will eventually be his identity and worshiped the world over. Lord Muruga himself has conceived this image and blessed each statue made here.


Agathiyar reveals in the Jeeva Nadi that many miracles will be shown through these statues of Agathiyar. These statues will become "alive". All these will take place with Lord Muruga's blessings. Agathiyar reiterates that these miracles had taken place in Jnana Jyothiamma's presence too, reminding us of the miracle he performed at AVM. In October of 2013, we at Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia held prayers almost everyday during Jnana Jyothiamma's stay in Malaysia. During the libation or abhisegam, Agathiyar most graciously opened his eyes to bless all those present!

Agathiyar opens his eyes during libation at AVM    
   


Jnana Jyothiamma performing libation to Agathiyar