Friday 21 August 2015

MY IDEAL GURU



He comes around when we least expect. He surprises us with a statement, or an act of compassion. He leaves the scene. He is a Siddha. He is Agathiyar. He is my ideal guru. 

He came into my life through a nadi reading. He told me why I had taken this birth, for that matter, why all of us take rebirths. He said it was because of karma. He revealed all the karma I had accumulated. He showed me a way to resolve them too. 

When I took heed of his advice, he came into my life permanently, guiding my family and me further through more nadi readings. He brought worship, devotion and rituals into my life. These have now become part and parcel of me. He brought my family into it too. 

He sent deserving children of his over to his abode, Agathiyar Vanam. He greeted them with love and showered them with grace. All he expected in return was to have him in our thoughts, sing his praise, chant the names of the Siddhas, and occasionally light a lamp.

He brought me to two wonderful gurus, Supramania Swami of Thiruvannamalai and Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal. Along the way he asked me to meet Dharmalinga Swamigal, Kundrakudi Adigal, and Rengaraja Desigar. He asked that I go over to Pothigai Peak, Chidambaram, Yercaud, and Kollimalai too. I told him I was not meeting no one. I told him I was going no where. I was not being arrogant. I told him my search had stopped since I had him! He did not bring up these subject again.

He taught me through the nadi. He taught me through my two gurus whom I observed and learnt some lessons. Supramania Swami left all his merits behind, gained from 40 years of performing austerities or tavam. It was a lesson for me to do so too. Tavayogi came hard on me on several occasions. They were lessons for me again, however bitter it was. On the contrary, Agathiyar most gently reminded me about my anger, and advised that I drop them. Again they were lessons for me.

He came to my daughter's aid, healing her broken leg. He came to my younger daughter's aid, with Thirumoolar, saving her from Dengue. He stood by my wife, as promise, when she had to undergo a medical procedure. He cushioned me when I collapsed several times due to the Dengue fever too.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ideal explains the noun ideal as:

1.a conception of something in its perfection.
2.a standard of perfection or excellence.
3.a person or thing conceived as embodying such a conception or conforming to such a standard, and taken as a model for imitation.
4.an ultimate object or aim of endeavor, especially one of high or noble character.

That is Agathiyar. I am indebted to him. The least I could do is to share his greatness through writing. Hence this blog.