Friday 19 May 2017

SIMPLE LESSONS ON THE SIDDHA PATH

What a Nadi Nool Aasan revealed to me many years back still rings in my ears. He had said that there were many organisations carrying Agathiyar's name but sadly Agathiyar was not there. This statement surprised me. Then I was jolted again. In a recent Nadi revelation Agathiyar said that many have come out to declare that they were Agathiyar in physical form and mortal frame. Agathiyar says these are frauds. I remember Agathiyar in his Agathiyar Gnanam written many many years ago had mentioned of frauds in the spiritual world and asked aspirants to be cautious with these people.

From whatever little understanding I have on the Siddha path, I could understand that one has to uphold honesty or satyam. The moment we let loose our hold on this foremost and important virtue, the Siddhas too let go of their hold on us.

The Siddhas might be able to stomach our little flaws and weaknesses, as in kutrame gunamaage, but to fall from upholding righteousness brings us back to where we started as in the game of snakes and ladders.

This statement of his came as a warning to me not to lose my grip on this one important component in moving towards living a righteous life.

Another warning came in the form of Agathiyar issuing a stern warning not to belittle the Nadi, the spoken word of the Siddhas.

An important lesson taught by Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal was not to worship him but the source within all of us. He names it as Agathiyar and tells me it is Light. Others might have other names and forms to describe Erai.

As we descended from the steps leading to the Nattadreswarar temple, Tavayogi suddenly turned around to me and declared that Lord Shiva and Agathiyar were one. Agathiyar in the Nadi decrees that he is in the prapanjam and that the prapanjam is in him.

When I accompanied Tavayogi on his regular morning walk the morning after I arrived at Kallar ashram for the very first time, he turned to me and said that Agathiyar had come the night before and spoken to him. I looked back at him baffled! Was this possible or was he pulling my legs?

As we hiked up the hills and walked through the jungles towards the sites, caves, and temples of the Siddhas, he would comment that the Siddhas were ushering us by showering flowers. I would look up into the sky and stare blankly.

I was told Krishnaveni Amma would hang her clothes to dry and Lord Muruga would pull them down. The cloths will be soiled and Amma would chase Lord Muruga with a stick all around her ashram at Kalyana Theertham for being mischievous. Agathiyar would appear with Shridi Sai and chat with her for hours. She used to narrate this and more stories to Venkatesh Swamy who took care of her needs till her last days.

What I did not know then was that soon my lack of faith and disbelief on these miracles was to be corroded away. Agathiyar opened his left eye in a granite statue of his at Agasthiyampalli! He followed this miracle with another similar miracle, this time both his eyes at Kutraleswarar temple at Papanasam.

Agathiyar promised me that there was more to come, in the way of miracles, once I was back in Malaysia. He opened his eyes in the very bronze statue of his that I had in my home!

Tavayogi and Mataji Sarojini Amaiyar, both Turavis, took the trouble to fly all the way to Malaysia to bless my daughter and son-in-law during their recent marriage and to dine with us, breaking all taboo and past beliefs about Siddhas forbidding marriage. Tavayogi as he left the wedding reception whispered to me that the Siddhas had come and blessed all present by showering flowers. Soon Agathiyar revealed the same in the Jeeva Nadi reading for the newly wedded couple.

But not all was rosy along this path, as there were times of anguish and pain. My daughter broke her leg bones in a road accident; my other daughter and I went through a bout of suffering when a teeny weeny aedes mosquito brought us down; soon it bit my son-in-law too. My wife too had her fair share of hours in consultation with her doctors. But throughout these trials and tribulations Agathiyar stood by us. He saved us from further plight. Similarly he came to the aid of all his devotees at AVM too.

One thing is certain. By giving us these pain and sufferings, knowing pretty well now that it is all due to our doing,  he has brought us to an understanding not to take life for granted. We began to cherish life and every moment of it. Slowly but surely he built up our faith in him.

Walk tall and I shall walk tall too he said back then. Today we walk tall with the realization that he is among us.