Saturday 29 July 2017

NATURE & ITS MYSTERIES

When Agathiyar in a Nadi revelation to the late Nadi Nool Aasan of Chennai, mentioned about life beneath the earth at some 40 feet below ground level at a particular place where Siddhas were dwelling even then, I was amazed.

When I read that the trees and plants greeted Agathiyar as he came through the woods, and shared their properties to him, I was amazed.

When traveling through the woods with Tavayogi, he told me that there was a particular plant that immediately went into hiding, pulling itself into the earth the moment there was an intruder in the vicinity, I was amazed.

When Dyalen told me that a big fallen tree trunk that blocked their way as AVM family made their way back after hiking up to Pothigai peak some years ago, sinked even further down onto the face of the earth so that they could walk across rather than climb over it, I was amazed.

When I read that Bhagawan Ramana discovered an amazing place within the core of the famed Tiruvannamalai hill, its appearance akin to the scene from the movie BABA where Rajni is led through an opening in a cave to another world, with green pastures and sunshine, I was amazed.

When a young lad who had taken upon himself to clean and restore a depleted Shiva temple at Tiruvannamalai, narrated his experience to me, where Esakki Siddhar held on to his hands, brought him to the inner sanctum behind the Shivalinga and slid himself into a crack on the wall, with only his hand remaining behind and visible and still holding on to the lad's, I was amazed.

I went into a state of awe and amazement at the myriad mind boggling mysteries that have yet to be explained even in this century of modern science and logic where many discoveries are made daily. 

The world around us is an amazing place if only we take time to look around us.

When our pet dog Basher that we had as I was growing up was ill, he would look for the Imperata cylindrica or commonly known as Lalang, chew on it and spit it out. He would recover.

When the Phyllanthus emblica, also known as Indian gooseberry or Malacca tree, I planted did not bear fruits even after 8 years, my neighbors suggested all kinds of remedies, some of it cruel, to make the tree bear fruits. I left the tree alone to produce flowers and fruits in its own good time. Soon it began to flower and bear lots and lots of fruits till we did not now what to do with the excess fruits. We began to distribute it.

Mataji told me once that if we are to take some portion of the plant, be it the leaves, flowers or fruits, we need to get permission first. She advocated we say the mantra, "Siddhar Sabam Nasi Nasi" before taking from them. Just as cutting our nails or hair does not hurt us, so too taking from the plants. But uprooting them or pulling out the tuber ends their life.

Every visitor to AVM is delighted to see our garden and tells us that our home is appropriately named, Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia - Vanam meaning a garden or jungle. 


I picked a name for my home when people started asking for directions to come over. I chose Vanam as Tavayogi after returning from Sathuragiri, the last leg of his extensive tour of India after becoming a mendicant or Turavi was asked to settled down at Agathiyar Vanam by Agathiyar. After asking around, he was pointed to the original site of his ashram at Thuripalam, Kallar. That small village was known as Agathiyar Vanam or Agathiyar Nagar. Since then Tavayogi has moved to his new ashram some 2 kilometers down the road.