Tuesday 29 August 2017

GODS PURPOSE & OUR PURPOSE

This blog is not about a particular Guru or God. It is the telling of the many stories, adventures and experiences by and about devotees, seekers, aspirants and souls journeying back to the Kingdom of God. During this journey we have met many gurus too whose stories we carried. 

Many have written in to express their gratitude for the postings on this blog. These kind words serve as a tonic for me to write further. 
  • Felt as though it was written for me
  • The above messages of gratitude and thank you from ..... group ayah. Your writings are opening up many hearts and minds. So happy to see this.
  • Shan ayah I have shared the write up on my ...... group too. I was hoping you would write something of this. I am learning so many answers to my own spiritual questions. Thank you ayah. Agasthiyar is answering all of us thru you.
  • I share all the AVM blog updates with the group too. They love it. Its very well written ayah. You are touching many souls with these amazing messages.
  • I have shared your article in other Agasthiyar groups. Many sending gratitude on the article. This article is perfect for the soul ayah.
  • Amazing..and thanks a lot sir for translations.
  • Very informative. 
  • Thanks for guiding thorough great articles ayya.
  • Ayya, you just answered my doubts. Thank you. 
  • Such a beautifully articulated post! Thank you, Sir! 
  • Amazing I really enjoy reading it.
  • Wonderful thoughts Uncle Shan. Couldn't agree more with your opinion.
  • Dear Shan aiya, my humble salutations. "The Path chooses You" WOW. What an amazing piece. Love it. Such a profound conclusion. I was carried away to light headedness by the truth of your words.
  • The work you have been doing Shan aiya is truly inspiring. I have begun some work on a very small scale and have started writing about it from an awareness and emotional wellness perspective.Will share these with you asap.
  • I was reading your piece on Mystic India and something struck a chord. I have been preoccupied lately with thoughts about the person who approached me unexpectedly at the ashram in Dec 2015. He said "the most important thing for you to remember is that we r all one". There were other cryptic messages too. I cannot forget his energy. ..Your piece takes me back there.
  • Good morning Shan aiya. Have planned some time this morning to catch up and read through all your experiences last month in India. I am so amazed and uplifted. It feels like reading fairy tales with miracles. Not done yet....can't stop reading.
  • "Let's motivate each other, let's wipe the tears from others eyes, lets bring inspiration to those close to us, let's share the good n ignore the bad. Let's change ourselves n the immediate surrounding through positive thoughts n good deeds. Believe me u will find delight in it. Make it happen daily n u shall be in a state of bliss forever. Let's walk the talk AVM." Yes..absolutely. I take a bow. I could not agree more. We need to hear that, everybody around the world needs to hear that,  especially at this time.  Its the only way to stay grounded and connected to our purpose.
  • Uncle. Thanks for the article.. it's such an eye-opener. life is beautiful the way it is when we live in the moment and in the now.
  • No uncle.. in the path of Murugan n Agastiyar.. there are no big and small. We are all souls and we are all the same. Your sevai is nothing inferior.. we are all serving God in the way he wants us to.. we are the same.. and that's what is keeping us together. the strong string tying us all together. neega illai endral.. namaku Agastiyar Appa kitte adaikalam kidayathe. Your house is a temple housing Agastiyar and your service to Appa is great.
  • Sir, my husband and I went to Kallar ashram after finishing both our pariharams. We stayed with Guruji and Mathaji for 3 days. On Monday, on Guru Poornima day, we did Annadanam and Go Danam (naatu maadu) after the Guru Pooja and Homam. Sir, we are ever grateful to you. Without you it would not have been possible to have the grace of our Karunamayi Mahamuni. You are instrumental in our helping us in our spiritual journey. 
  • Thank you so much Shanmugam sir. Your  writings are wonderful. They dispel ignorance of people like me.
I have come to realize that these posts are akin to therapeutic storytelling. (Therapeutic storytelling is the act of telling one's story in an attempt to better understand oneself or one's situation. Often times, these stories affect the audience in a therapeutic sense as well, helping them to view situations similar to their own through a different lens.- wikipedia.org)

I am glad too that I have finally served my guru well by adhering and fulfilling their request. Tavayogi had asked me to speak about Agathiyar when I came under his tutelage many years ago. I turned down saying that I was not well equipped with the knowledge of the Siddhas. He then "fixed" me up when he introduced to all gathered at the opening of a branch of his Agathiyar Gnana Peedham in Banting and told them that I shall speak on the Siddhas. I was taken by surprise. I said a few words about Tavayogi and was wondering what else to say, when a thought came to me to sing instead, hence escaping from having to speak. I invited all gathered to join me in chanting the Arutperunjhoti Mantra. That saved my day. 

I am still not equipped with knowledge of the Siddhas. I began to share whatever little authentic information I had about them through these posts. I gathered all the hymns on the Siddhas that I could lay my hands and published them online. I loved to share the many stories told by devotees who stopped over at AVM. That is how the number of posts increased day by day. I was in an advantage when I had willing candidates from the AVM family who gave me interviews and related their experiences on video. These I posted at https://www.youtube.com/c/ShanmugamAvadaiyappa

If we are trapped at the bottom of a large pit and there are many who have come to our aid, letting down ropes and ladders and stretching their arms out to help us get to the surface, we can only hold on to one form of aid, be it the rope, ladder or arm at any on time to reach the top or bring us to safety. Similarly we chose to take the hand of Agathiyar to bring us to an enlightened state, to his state.

Erai has given us a birth that is considered rare by the saints, to carry out his purpose but we have ended up doing our own thing. Let us revert now to do something within our means, in service for him and let him take care of our needs. Agathiyar today sits in our homes, looking over us, guiding us through the Nadi, and bringing selected devotees of his together to do his task.

Sitting aside Agathiyar, and both my gurus, Supramania Swami of Tiruvannamalai and Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar Ashram, and watching the devotees and seekers come with a myriad of intentions and asking, has been enlightening in a way. Listening to the solutions and advises given to them has been enlightening. Giving us numerous task to perform while on this journey, brought us many experiences that has been enlightening too.

Many had their desires and wishes fulfilled. But several have yet to see a promising end to their problems. We are praying for them too believing that all would be well in due time. But as the affected party, it is only understandable that they want solutions fast as their problems have been dragging on and on for quite some time now. 

Why do some see results immediately while others don't? I am equally at lost at times when after I tell them to pray hard, consoling them that Agathiyar shall take care of their problems, and they too sincerely carry out their prayers but there is no solution in sight. What we have is only Agathiyar's words to hold on to, that whoever lights a light and states their problems, he shall look into it. They too live with the hope and belief that Agathiyar will take care of all things. Along the way he has made us stronger no doubt by giving us the strength to face these problems. To a devotee he says that in event you have to jump into the river, do it. He assures her that he would reduce the strength of the river current so that she would be save.

I believe we have a better understanding now of the reason as to why we are here, and the intricacies of life. I believe we have the right understanding and knowledge, acquired to face these situations and to help others too sail through. 

Agathiyar has shown us much along the way, beginning with showing us our past karma and a way out, showing us our mission, showing us the path, showing us the guru, showing us the teachings, and I believe one day showing himself. That day is the day our journey would end.

As a way to show our gratitude, to those who came seeking a solution to their lives problems, we in turn, showed them the Nadi, a revelation of the souls journey. We took them under our wings, where they associated with AVM and many of its charitable programs. We showed them the prayers we conducted, and encouraged them to continue doing it in their homes. We showed them our Gurus in the hope that they to would find solace, guidance and salvation. 

This is the least we can do I believe. My wish is to see every home become another AVM where Agathiyar resides.