Saturday 2 September 2017

WORSHIP WITHOUT EXPECTATIONS

We are living in a result orientated society. A lady asked my wife what did we gain by following the Siddhas. They wanted to know what is there in it for them, as in a business investment. 

Many come for solutions in the wake of a disaster, illness, problem or misery, forgetting that if they had regularly built up the fortress and strengthened it they could have been saved or would only be partly affected. An altar in the home should not only be a showpiece but we have to engage in prayers and bring the divine to live and dine with us.

I took up worship of the Siddhas in 2002 after Agathiyar told me to do so. Initially I looked up the societies and organisations my forerunners ran. As I was not captivated by their activities and ideologies, I went my own way without any alliance to any physical Guru or organisation. Soon Agathiyar sent me two wonderful Gurus along. As Supramania Swami told me, the very first thing upon my meeting him in Tiruvannamalai, that "since you are here now, all was over", I now understand that he meant I was in save hands. Annamalaiyar did guide me from thereon. Tavayogi too told me that I had come to the right place, when I told him the very first day I met him in Malaysia, that I was directed to worship the Siddhas in the Nadi. After a couple of months upon his return to India, he told me that "our actual journey had only just begun" as we set off to the Pothigai Hills.

When Agathiyar told me to have his statue made in bronze and worship, I had the least notion or idea that he would come to stay permanently in my home. He opened his eyes in this statue during libation or abhisegam for all to see and of course to see all of us too, in the presence of Jnana Jhothiamma in 2013. Agathiyar showed himself to Jnana Jhothiamma that day.

When he told those who seeked him for solutions to light a lamp and he shall look into their problems, many had their asking answered. They came back happy and paid homage to him.

As I had ended my search after I met both my Gurus and having Agathiyar to grant all my needs, I had no reason to meet any spiritual men after that. As Agathiyar and Tavayogi started me on rituals, I had no need to engage the purohits and priest for simple rituals.

As I stopped going places, Agathiyar began to summon holy men over to AVM. Many arrived at our door to pay their respects to him and spend some time with us. 

Agathiyar began to summon deities to AVM and engaged in talks with them irrespective of our presence.

To answer the lady's question, we came to be shown a whole new world of possibilities. As Ramalinga Adigal expresses his awe over and over again in his Thiruarutpa, an expression of all his divine and spiritual experiences, we too watch in awe at the Divine performing miracles and expressing their presence, in a world of logic and high expectations.

We need to worship without expectations. Make it a norm to put a universal prayer to the Divine that he takes care of everything in the Prapanjam, whereby we would be inclusive too.