Sunday 5 November 2017

TAVAYOGI

The past month has been a trying period for all of us, with many uncertainties revolving around our beloved guru Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal's health. AVM family prayed hard for his recovery. But it was not easy. One day we were told he was fine and the next day his health was reported as deteriorating. When there was a time where I accepted the fact that we were about to lose him and was prepared to let him go, I had to console the others too, "We have to be calm at this moment in time. Let things take its course. We have prayed hard but who knows what Tavayogi's soul wanted? Who knows what's the deal between him and Agathiyar? Pray that Agathiyar is at his side taking care of all matters." 

Many from the AVM family called in pleading that he stay longer. The most compassionate father listened to our prayers. Although he put us through this brief period of anxiety and worry, he took measures to bring together wonderful souls in the light of this unexpected turn of events.

Even in these moments of anxiety, I see blessings being showered on us.

Tavayogi seeked medical attention at the right moment and was attended to immediately by a wonderful team of doctors. Mataji has been caring for Tavayogi since day one. I remember Mataji showing me her Nadi reading in Kallar in 2005. Agathiyar assigned her to take care of Tavayogi. That was her task for this birth. In return Agathiyar promised her mukthi. He must have foreseen this moment. 

Agathiyar brought Thavathiru Kumarsamy Aiya of the Agathiyar Ashram in Anuvavi, into the picture too. He visited Tavayogi and has extended help. 

Agathiyar sent Dr Subashini of Chennai, who volunteered to take a day off to meet Swamiji in Coimbatore. We began to get a clearer picture of his condition through a medical practitioner.

Eventually Tavayogi fought it out and with the grace of Agathiyar, spoke to us at AVM from his hospital bed. He is expected to return to his ashram in a couple of days. Mataji thanks everyone for helping out financially towards the cost of hospitalization and treatment and in kind too.

Tavayogi's name was mentioned in a pamplet mentioning his intent to build a temple for Agathiyar in 2002 that I received from Nadi Nool Aasan Sentilumar after I had my very first Nadi reading with him. In 2005 I saw adverts placed in the local Tamil dailies about the opening of a Peedham for Agathiyar in Malaysia. He was in Malaysia to officiate the Peedham. I met him after making an appointment. He invited me over to his ashram in Kallar. Hence began a beautiful journey on the Siddha path.

Tavayogi taught me to seek from the source directly. He pointed the way to the Siddhas and let me deal with them directly and personally without the need for a middle man or an agent. He did not enhance his position, glorify himself or make me dependent on him for all my spiritual needs. He showed me the way and let me discover the path for myself. He did not lay laws, codes or rules but instead told me that the spirit should be free to discover and learn on its own.