Saturday 25 November 2017

THE GRACE OF AGATHIYAR

Never in my wildest dream did I envision walking a path of soul searching and one that took me to Agathiyar. I must have done some good somewhere to someone I suppose for everyone I meet tells me it is not a simple thing to come to follow Agathiyar's teachings. 

All I did was listen. I listened to him speak through the Nadi, the only means of communication between him and me till now. Although he tells us all at AVM that we did not need any further reading, but it was always beautiful to hear him address and speak to us. Hence he gives in to our yearnings and continues to provide us with readings.

When I look back at my life and the people I met and how they assisted me in all fields and moments of need, I find Agathiyar's hand in every single frame of my life. 

As an infant when I was suffering from recurrent purging, he came as a Chinese deity and treated me. Since then I was brought to the medium for all my illnesses. I remember vividly how he would hit his bare back with the blunt edge of his sword and chant in Chinese. He would then write Chinese letters with a Chinese brush dipped in red ink on a strip of yellow rice paper, burn it and place the ash in a glass of water. I was given the concoction to drink and what do you know? I was cured - always. This went on for the next 13 years until I was bitten by a dog and fearing rabies needed to get an injection in the general hospital. 

When I was hungry in class, he came as my cousin sister who taught me the Tamil language as part of the Pupils Own Language (POL) curriculum in school, giving me ten cents each time to buy me some food. In those days a loaf of bread only cost 10 cents.

When I fell from my bicycle as I rode home from school during heavy rain and lost my two front teeth, and was having high fever as a result, he was there for me in the form of my parents and siblings caring for me.

When I slipped and fell into the waters as I was boarding a shallow boat from the jetty, he saved me through the two bags of bread that I had in both my hands that kept me afloat and the quick action of the piling team who held on to me, saving me from being drowned.

He was there as the barge workers who immediately cared for me as I hopped onto a barge from the jetty only to hit my head against a post. Although I saw tiny birds circle my head back then, but I survived. 

He saved me from the dreaded dengue fever in recent years which my nephew would jokingly say, that the tiny mosquito brought down this lion.

Similarly he has saved my family members and many others are alive today as a result of his attention and care. His breath moves in us. His sight is on us. He comes to our aid the moment there is danger. He ensures a decent meal is waiting at the dinner table for us. He has provided us company in the form of family and friends. He has come to us in times of need, giving us an ear listening us out, giving advice, guidance, tips, remedies, prescribed medicine and treatment and given encouragement, hope and strength. 

When I heeded the words of a noble soul Segaran who was leaving to become a monk at the Ranchi ashram, I picked up work that was beyond my engineering field. I had the time and was willing to learn, the two things he mentioned. I soon became an asset at the office and this knowledge led my to become versatile with computers, both hardware and software, and with all forms of presentations and publications. I never imagined all these applications I learnt and had had hands on experience back then would one day help me with this blog, and the YouTube channels. 

The Tamil font, Shakthi, that was created by Kannan of Kelana Computer Service and that he provided me with, on my purchase of my very first personal HP Desktop computer from him back then in 1996, enabled me to dish out all the Tamil ebooks listed in this blog. 

Today Agathiyar has brought us to serve others in many ways including sharing information through this blog, the many ebooks made available on this blog, through conducting prayers, and holding satsangs, and doing charity, serving food and providing clothing. To add to this list he has brought us together to produce an audio CD album that would further spread his fame.