Friday 17 November 2017

THE MOMENT OF REVELATION PART 2

The next moment of revelation came through Supramania Swami of Thiruvanamalai. Coming to him too is an interesting and amazing story. As I began packing for India on my maiden visit, my wife asked me if I could chart our second child's horoscope in India, as there are many great exponents of this ancient science there. 

On my last leg of parikaram I am brought to Supramania Swami's home on the pretext of charting my daughter's horoscope. Again she was the reason I came to my Guru. Supramania Swami who lived with his family at their home in a village called Nachaananthal some 8 kilometers away from the town, sat to reveal my future, neither drawing my horoscope, nor by any other means. He sat in padmasana with eyes closed, disclosed further secrets that only I and Agathiyar knew. I was with him 5 hours and was constantly breaking in tears for reasons I could not comprehend. I was grateful to the divine that day for all his blessings. As dusk fell over the village I bid him farewell, momentarily, for he was to be my Guru till he left his physical body on 7 February 2006. He drew aside the curtain that kept me away from achieving progress in the spiritual path till then. He rekindled the flame of devotion in me and showered his blessings on me. Before leaving, he did what no Guru in physical form would do: he passed on all his years of tapas or austerity on this soul. I am asking myself if I do deserve this kindness, compassion and love from the divine Gurus.

The next round of revelation came in the form of Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal of Kallar Ashram. He showed me my responsibility towards the unfortunate in the society. On our very first meeting in Malaysia, he showed me photos of the numerous charitable activities he was carrying out at his ashram. He invited me over to see it for myself. When I was in Ongarakudil earlier in 2003, I was shown around the Sri Agathiyar Sanmarga Sanga complex to see for myself the extent of help that is going out to the poor, hungry and unfortunate, even before I got to see the Guru. Both these gurus opened my eyes, drawing the curtain that blinded me to the existence of the less fortunate and encouraged me to do my share towards society.

As I traveled this beautiful path, Agathiyar seems to draw the curtains aside just as is shown in the devotional movies based on puranas and ithigasas in India. Amazing. It has been an amazing journey, a walk through life from the perspective of the Siddhas. I believe there is more curtains to draw aside, and understand from life's mysterious and mystical journey. Stay with me.