Sunday 25 March 2018

KNOCKING ON THE DOOR TO SPIRITUALISM

When I came to the spiritual world I was in for a surprise. I thought all the back stabbing and enmity for material gains was only prevalent in the material world. Oh boy little did I realize that it was even worst in the spiritual world.

Along this journey I have learnt to become aware of people with vested interest. I became cautious of people who came along and began to complain or bad mouth their previous guru or establishment. I do not fancy degrading people we had been with and used for our needs only to belittle them later. I told myself that it won't be long before they would find fault with me or our establishment too. These are people who will never find satisfaction in any place or in any way. 

We need to learn to move on taking the experiences, both good or bad, pleasant or bitter as a teaching and a learning process and move on with life. Our lives are definitely not dependent on others. Erai decides on all matters eventually.

When I sat with Tavayogi and listened to learned devotees questioning him, I saw through them that they knew pretty well what they were asking about. It was a way of telling others that they knew much. Others would take up a matter that they had either read or discussed with another guru and dished that out to him waiting to hear his opinion. 

This would go on for hours, for they would counter his answer with another question. This would go on for days, nay even for years.

I have learnt to be equally cautious about gurus who manipulate their students. I was surprised to know that a guru had envied his students quick advancement and put a block/stop to his progress. I believed that all gurus would do good and be happy that his student is progressing well, until then. 

I saw the risk involved in receiving teechas or initiations from any Tom, Dick or Harry. There are numerous gurus dishing out mantras and giving initiations. But the student must remember the risk they take in receiving them. Teechas are not awards of achievements that we pin on our chest. Teechas should be adhered and followed to the word. 

I had an email from someone in Delhi who asked if Tavayogi could help heal him. I told him that I had not seen Tavayogi heal anyone. He was a student of various martial art forms and a disciple of several gurus. The energies awakened in his body began to do havoc. Sadly non of his gurus could help him lead a normal life. After 8 years his thought came to my mind and I inquired through email about his condition. It had not improved!

Another devotee had energy shifts in his head and he had to stay away from work for a year. I asked him to see his guru to which he replied his guru had gone cuckoo too. 

All these initiations and practices given has to be closely monitored by the gurus and the student guided accordingly. Sadly it does not happen. The student has to be under the watchful eyes of the guru through out the entire practice. Sadly it does not happen. Students learn through online lessons, long distance teaching, video conferences and YouTube channels these days. 

I was surprised to learn that there are gurus waiting to zap the positive energies of their students and devotees. There are many who comfortably use us in our times of distress, sorrow and depression. There are many who use our ignorance on spiritual matters to manipulate us too. 

I realized that we do not know spiritualism in its pure form. All we have is an opinionated knowledge about various spiritual matters. We depend on translations of spiritual doctrines, text and literature. These would have the translators opinion added most subtly between the lines. It would have been read and digested by the translator first before projecting it into words again. The reader on the other hand would read and assimilate it and might understand it differently. So where is the original content and intent of the author of the text?  It is lost within these translations. It is for this reason that Agathiyar has advised a devotee who was told to pick up an original text of the Thirumanthiram without any translations and read it. As he keeps reading it Thirumular will come within him and make him understand and comprehend his text. Who is better than the author himself to explain his text and theory?